In an age where everything is digitized, the biggest brands are competing to produce revolutionary cooking appliances to make your life easier. One of the latest novelties is the oil-free fryer, it allows you to make perfectly crispy and golden brown fries with less fat as a bonus. Its technology will help you prevent them from burning or becoming soaked in oil.
In addition to fries, you can also make various healthier and more economical dishes. Indeed, the Philips Digital Airfryer uses hot air to cook or fry your preparations without oil. For more options, the Chefman 6.3 Liter Multi- Function Digital Air Fryer is ideal for those who want to roast or dehydrate food.
If you're looking to find out which is the Best Affordable Air Fryer on the market, but aren't sure where to start or which one to take among the many models out there today, here's a list to guide you through the tedious choice.
1. Philips Digital Airfryer XXL with Twin TurboStar technology
- XXL capacity : With a capacity of 7.3l, this fryer can hold up to 1.4 kg of fries. Ideal if you often receive people or if you have a large family.
- QuickClean cleaning : With its basket and removable drawer with non-stick coating, washing is easy and the parts are dishwasher safe.
- Fat removal : This technology allows you to cook healthier foods because it extracts fat and eliminates it.
- Rapid Air : By generating hot air at high speed, this technology allows you to prepare meals faster than an oven.
- Multifunction : With five preset cooking programs, you have plenty of choice in the ways to cook your dishes. In addition, your dishes will not get cold thanks to its Keep warm function.
- Price : It is really expensive even if we take into consideration its quality
For maximum taste and minimum fat, the Philips Digital Airfryer oil-free fryer is the most efficient of all, as it has Rapid air technology and also fat removal technology. These technologies allow you to obtain an even and uniform cooking as well as a crispy texture and an original flavor.
You can't miss your meals with this deep fryer. With a capacity of 7.3L, it has five cooking options: fry, bake, roast, grill and reheat all the dishes you want to prepare.
Comes with a cookbook that contains a little over thirty written by the care of professional chefs ranging from a simple quick, but healthy preparation to a complete meal for the whole family.
You can also visit the Philips Airfryer app to follow our tips and watch cooking tutorials that show how to use the fryer and make recipes. All of these options make it the best brand of oil-free fryers.
2. Chefman 6.3 Liter Digital Air Fryer
- Big capacity : Its 6l combined with 1700 W of power which allow it to have a maximum temperature of 400 ° will be very useful for preparing a large quantity of food.
- Digital touch screen : This control screen will help you choose the program you want from the eight available and set the temperature and cooking time.
- Dehydration function : This fryer can also dehydrate your fruits and vegetables.
- Convenience : To be more practical, it comes with several removable accessories that are dishwasher safe.
- Locking the door : Many consumers complain that the door does not close very well, surely a manufacturing defect.
In addition to its primary function, the Chefman fryer can also be used as a rotisserie, dehydrator and convection oven. Its Rapid Air technology and high-speed convection system allow you to cook meals quickly while obtaining the desired cooking, texture and flavor.
With its eight preset programs, an output of 1700W and a capacity of 6L, cook whatever you want to satisfy as many people as you want.
Besides, it is not expensive compared to others, although it comes with two air circulation racks, a rotisserie spit and fork, a rotating basket, a basket extraction tool and a collecting tray.
These elements are removable and can easily be cleaned in the dishwasher. This appliance has a touch screen that makes it easy to adjust the temperature, the program and the cooking time. It also has interior lighting to help you check the progress of your dishes as you go.
3. Cosori Electric hot air fryer
- Air Crisp Technology : Prepare healthy foods with this deep fryer. You will get dishes that are low in fat, but always tastier.
- 11 in 1 programs : Its preset functions will allow you to make all your favorite recipes.
- Convenient : Its digital and touch-sensitive control panel makes it easier to use. Among the options, you have the shake reminder and the keep warm mode. Its basket has a cold handle to make it more manageable. It can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Plastic smell : After purchasing, it helps to clean the basket well and then run it for a long time to get rid of the smell of burnt plastic if you want to prevent it from sticking to all of your dishes afterwards.
How to choose the Best Affordable Air Fryer of 2020? Always check that it is versatile like this one. Indeed, it is a multifunction XL model which
has 5.8L capacity, 1500W power, 11 in 1 cooking programs, digital touch screen and removable non-stick basket. Its capacity allows you to prepare a meal for 4. With its 11 predefined functions accompanied by a book containing 100 original recipes, you will never be short of ideas for the choice of your dishes.
For more maneuverability, it is equipped with a digital and touch screen control screen as well as a removable drawer covered with a non-stick coating.
The basket is equipped with a handle that does not take heat as well as a safety button to prevent a risk of possible detachments. Equipped with Aur Crisp technology, this electric fryer produces less fat than traditional models while ensuring the taste and texture of perfect frying of your dishes.
4.Air Fryer 3.2 Quart Kitchen Utopia
- Price : A price comparison will confirm that it is the cheapest you will find on the market.
- Weight : It weighs only 3.4KG, if you go on vacation, it will have its place among your belongings.
- Easy to use : Just turn the two knobs to set the temperature and cooking time.
- Capacity : With only 3L, she cannot accommodate a lot of food. Ideal for small families, but less practical if there are many of you.
- Only one function : There are not many options on this fryer, no preset programs. You have to do the adjustment manually.
This fryer with its micro-swift Air Fryer technology, cooks your food quickly and regularly by heating the air and circulating it in the tank using its convection ventilation system.
It is accompanied by a cookbook containing more than fifty easy and quick recipes whether you prefer vegetables or meat dishes. If you're wondering which oil-free fryer to choose for easy handling, this one is the easiest, as it only has two dial buttons. One for the temperature and the other as a timer.
In addition, it is also equipped with a system that detects the presence of the bin as well as its absence. Moreover, it is coated with a non-stick coating and it can be removed completely for optimal washing.
For cleaning, we advise you to wait for the tub to cool before washing it by hand. Use a soft, non-abrasive sponge or a damp towel to clean the surface of the fryer.
5. Big Boss Oil-less 1300 W Large Fryer
- 3 in 1 technology : This fryer is equipped with infrared, convection and halogen to make the cooking of your dishes optimal.
- Energy efficient : Its low energy consumption, even 1300W only, allows you to save on your electricity bill.
- Transparent design : Its transparent surface gives it a very aesthetic and practical side at the same time.
- Brittle : This fryer should be handled with care because its body is made of glass which can break quite easily.
- Not durable : Many complain that it is not very durable in the long run, the ventilation system can jam at some point.
The Big Boss 16QT is a high speed, low power oil-less fryer, around 1300W. It uses infrared technology combined with a convection system and halogen heat for perfect cooking of your food without excess fat or added oil.
Infrared promotes cooking food from the inside, while halogen takes care of the outside and convection optimizes the circulation of hot air to accelerate it and make it uniform .
Its lid is surrounded by a waterproof seal to prevent heat from escaping. This deep fryer has two trays that allow you to prepare two different dishes at the same time. Its transparent bowl helps you follow the cooking steps without having to remove its cover, it is available in five different colors.
No matter where to buy a new oil-free fryer, it will always come with a spritzer, recipe book as well as two kitchen racks and tongs.
Buying Guide - How To Choose A Good Oil Free Fryer?
This type of material is an essential part of your kitchen if you like French fries without the fat option. If you want to know where to buy the Best Affordable Air Fryer, check out our tips in this buying guide for the Best Affordable Air Fryer, or check out a comparison to give you some ideas.
The capabilities of the oil-free fryer
If you want to know how to buy a better value oil-free fryer, choose a model from the big brands, because they set the benchmark in terms of reliability. These are known to provide products that combine quality and performance. Indeed, one of the criteria for choosing a fryer without oil and
identify its power. The latter defines its capacity and cooking time, but in exchange, the machine can consume a lot of energy to compensate for its use. The cooking time varies between 20 min to 1 hour or even more and depends on several factors: the dishes and the program chosen, the power of the appliance and the capacity of the tank as well as the maximum temperature of the fryer. Depending on the model, the power varies between 1200W and 2400W for a capacity of 700g to 1.7 kg.
Most, however, end up with 1kg and a few, so if you count the portions at 250g of fries each, there is more than enough to feed a family of four to five. The same goes for the other dishes that you can prepare there. But if you have a big family, don't hesitate to buy the XXL models.
OIL-FREE FRYERS ALWAYS COME WITH PREDEFINED COOKING PROGRAMS, DEPENDING ON THE DISHES YOU WANT TO PREPARE. USUALLY THERE CAN BE TEN ON ONE DEVICE, IT DEPENDS ON THE MODELS. THESE PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN DESIGNED TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER, YOU CAN USE THEM DAILY, AS THEY ALLOW YOU TO COOK VARIOUS DISHES.
INDEED, THE USER MANUAL IS OFTEN ACCOMPANIED BY A RECIPE BOOKLET. PREHEATING IS NOT MANDATORY AND THERE IS A BUILT-IN TIMER FOR EASY TIME SETTING. FOR MORE FUNCTIONALITY, OPT FOR MODELS WITH A CONTROL SCREEN, AS THIS WILL MAKE IT EASIER TO MANIPULATE PROGRAM SELECTION, TEMPERATURE ADJUSTMENT AND COOKING TIME SETTING. IN TERMS OF SAFETY, THE BEST IS TO CHECK IF YOUR FRYER HAS INSULATING WALLS AS WELL AS AN AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN SYSTEM IN THE EVENT OF OVERHEATING OR THE PRESENCE OF SMOKE INSIDE.
Design and accessories
The design of hot air fryers varies according to the model, the most aesthetic however remain those which are equipped with transparent glazing. In addition, it is more practical, because it allows you to follow the progress of cooking without having to open the tray and will prevent you from unnecessary heat loss. In addition, some models are also designed with an anti-odor filter, which will spare your interior from smelling the smell of fried foods. If you want to prepare other dishes on your deep fryer, choose appliances with different zones that allow two different dishes to be cooked simultaneously. This will save you time and keep their flavors from mixing.
frequently asked Questions
Q1: How does a hot air fryer work?
In general, fryers all work on the same principle, but they differ on the small details. First of all, preheating is not mandatory for some models. You can cover your fries with a small drizzle of oil if they are fresh potatoes, then just put them in the deep fryer.
Once activated, the system releases hot air into the bowl to cook your dish until it is golden brown and crisp. This system works in the same way as the grills sold in the markets. To be able to produce this hot air flow, infrared resistors have been integrated in the fryer for heating and several fans for air circulation. However, there are fryers equipped with a rotating arm which ensures the stirring of the fries for even cooking.
Q2: How to make crispy fries?
If you want to be successful in making perfect fries, you have to follow these steps. The first is to choose your potatoes well. Indeed, who says good cooking always says good tools and good products. For crispy and tasty fries, opt for the floury potatoes. They are the best in terms of flavor and have low oil absorption. The second step concerns
cutting your fries. For a more even cut, use a French fries cutter. This will save you time and make them easier to cook. The third and most important of all is the soaking and drying time. As we all know, to better eliminate the starch present in potatoes, they must be put in cold water for 15 to 30 minutes and then rinsed once this time has elapsed.
Then, using a cloth, you can move on to the drying part. Once completely dry, all you have to do is season your fries before putting them in the bowl. Remember to mix them well and cover them with oil. You have to wait about 20min to be able to taste them.
Q3: Can we put frozen fries in the fryer without oil?
Unlike fresh fries, frozen fries do not need to be added oil before cooking, they already contain it. You can then place them directly in the fryer, as they do not require any preparation. However, it is not forbidden to add some spices if you want them to have more flavor.
Q4: Can I make turnip fries in the fryer without oil?
Besides the classic fries made from potatoes, you can also cook turnip fries in a deep fryer. Moreover, these are healthier and lighter in terms of caloric intake. This is because turnips contain a lot less calories than potatoes. They have a fairly unique taste and are prepared the same way as traditional fries.
To enhance their flavors, mix them with a little olive oil, paprika, salt, garlic and onion powder as well as ground pepper. 15 to 20 minutes in the deep fryer and your turnip fries are ready.