To keep the food and drink that you take with you on a family picnic for truckers with friends and colleagues fresh, nothing is more practical and efficient than the best electric cooler for truckers.
However, we should already know how to choose them well. Many points will have to be taken into account between the design and dimensions of the housing, the cooling, and heating system, and the electricity consumption. By design, Dometic CFX28 12 V electric cooler will delight motorhome, SUV, and 4 × 4 drivers. Intended for the road, Igloo Iceless Thermoelectric Cooler is both easy to transport and is very discreet.
To answer those who ask where to buy the best electric cooler for truckers, know that there is none, but several merchant sites that charge advantageous prices. However, only some of them are highlighted. This is precisely why a comparison can make all the difference.
WHAT WE LIKED
- An adjustable temperature: The temperature settings can be made either at the control panel or via Wifi.
- Rapid cooling: This cooler can be powered by alternating, direct current and solar panels. In addition to that, refrigeration is very fast.
- Silent: Despite its performance, this cooler remains completely silent.
- Easy to carry: The two steel carrying handles perfectly support the weight of this cooler.
WHAT WE DIDN'T LIKE
- Bulky: Do not rely too much on the photos circulating on the internet since, in reality, this cooler can be cumbersome.
Designating, which is the best electric cooler for truckers on the market, is not an easy task. The answer to this question will depend on everyone's needs. Being able to contain up to 43 cans, the loading volume of the CFX28 is evaluated at 26 liters. It was designed for outings with friends or family.
Multifunctional, this cooler plays both the role of a fridge and a freezer. In the category of dual-zone coolers, this version is considered the best electric refrigerator of the moment. Measuring 16.7 ″ x 24.4 ″ x 13.4 ″, this product will find its place in an SUV, 4 × 4 or motorhome.
Also, note that this cooler weighs 13.2 kg to facilitate its movement. Regarding its power supply, this device operates with a direct current of 12 or 24 volts. In terms of accessories, AC and DC power cords will be included in the purchase.
WHAT WE LIKED
- Easy to put in place: This cooler can be placed between the driver and passenger seat. Also, it is high enough to hold bottles.
- Solid: Its housing has been designed to withstand shocks and temperature variations, whether inside or outside the cooler.
- A brushless motor: Its motorization makes this cooler a silent model.
WHAT WE DIDN'T LIKE
- Lack of efficiency: Since it is a thermoelectric cooler, it will not freeze your food. To do this, you must fill it with ice cubes.
- Difficult to close: To close the cover, do not hesitate to snap it.
Buying a cheap cooler has many more advantages than disadvantages. This will allow you to have an overview of an electric cooler's operation without spending a considerable sum.
Affordable, this model is cooler at a low price. However, it can cool drinks and foods to a temperature of 36 degrees Fahrenheit below the outside temperature. This is made possible by its ventilation system and convection cooling technique. Equipped with a brushless motor, this Igloo electric cooler does not produce a single noise.
Space-saving, this cooler measures 45.41 cm long, 33.02 cm wide, and 41.04 cm high. For information, it has a capacity of 26 liters and weighs 4.08 kg.
The design side, its silver finish, and the white cover are specific to this model. Practical, this cooler can be plugged into any 12 Volt outlet, including cigarette lighter.
WHAT WE LIKED
- Functional: This cooler differs from other models thanks to its cooling capacity. Indeed, it is as efficient as a refrigerator.
- A silent motor: Even at full power, the operation of the engine remains imperceptible. This cooler also adapts to both a cigarette lighter socket and the one fitted to our apartments.
- Easy to clean: A simple swipe of the cloth will be enough to absorb the water resulting from defrosting.
WHAT WE DIDN'T LIKE
- Energy Eating: The fact that it runs continuously can be problematic, especially when the car battery powers the engine.
- No 110 Volt adapter: Many users have complained about the lack of the adapter supposed to plug into a household outlet.
Even in a country as cold as USA, electric chillers are still as successful, especially with motorists. Indeed, the air conditioners that equip our vehicles will not be able to freeze or refresh our drinks.
With a capacity of 40 liters, this Coleman electric cooler can hold more than 44 cans and snacks. Remember that it was manufactured in the USA and incorporates quality components.
In terms of settings, be aware that this device can drop 40 ° F below room temperature, without even adding ice. Well designed, this cooler has a shelf. Therefore, you can organize its content according to your convenience.
Accessible to power, this more cooling works with a 12-volt cigarette lighter socket. It also supports a voltage of 110 Volts. So, you have a choice between domestic and road use. Easy to use, its door can open from the right or the left.
WHAT WE LIKED
- Well finished: Light gray is a master key.
- Easy to install: Due to its size and design, this cooler can be installed vertically or horizontally.
- Robust: The shelf provided by Koolatron is excellent, suddenly, it can support a large amount of food.
WHAT WE DIDN'T LIKE
- Slow: Refrigeration and heating take many hours to operate.
- Continuous operation: Not incorporating a timer, this cooler operates continuously. So, the best is to equip your vehicle with a second battery. This will avoid breakdowns.
Knowing how to choose the best electric cooler for truckers of 2020 will allow you to judge whether the model you are interested in is a good or a bad cooler. Designed for travel and long journeys, this cooler can cool, but also heat drinks and food.
As it does not require ice cubes, it is considered a thermoelectric cooler. Also, note that the P75 is often presented as the most efficient in its segment.
Lightweight, the case, which is made entirely of plastic, weighs only 7.26 kg. Measuring 40 x 53.3 x 39.4 cm, this cooler capacity is estimated at more than 26 liters.
Also, the storage tray facilitates access to food. On the setting side, this device can cool drinks below 4 ° C and reheat food above 57 ° C. Depending on the interior of your vehicle, you can arrange it horizontally or vertically.
WHAT WE LIKED
- Two operating modes: Depending on your needs, know that this device can refrigerate not only your drinks, but also heat its contents.
- Easy to use: By design, this cooler is relatively easy to handle and maintain.
- Economic: Its electricity consumption is below average. Also, you can switch it on even when your vehicle is stationary.
- Compact: The P20 will find its place in any vehicle and will not interfere with your driving.
WHAT WE DIDN'T LIKE
- No ice bin: If you want to improve its cooling capacity, sooner or later you will have to invest in an ice bin.
Without a price comparison, it would take longer to find the right deals. In addition to this, this tool highlights the resellers as well as the best sites of the moment.
Plugging into a 12 Volt outlet, this cooler will efficiently cool your drinks. As for its use, know that this model adapts to all types of vehicles including SUVs and vans.
Capable of containing a wide variety of snacks, its capacity is evaluated at more than 18 litres. For a 45.1 x 22.9 x 41.9 cm cooler, Koolatron did a great job. Also, it is compact enough to fit between the driver and passenger seat.
The practical cover is fitted with a locking device. Koolatron has also made its cooler easy to transport, hence the choice of the swivel handle. Inexpensive, the P20 is the cheapest model on the market.
Buying Guide - How to Choose the best electric cooler for truckers?
This buying guide for the best electric cooler for truckers will tell you what to know about this device. We can also help you with the choice of your future cooler. This guide will then be followed by a selection of the best products on the market to help you quickly identify where to buy a new best electric coolers for cars.
A thermoelectric cooler does not offer the same performance as an absorption and compression cooler. For a good reason, each of these variants is intended for a specific use. Take the case of the thermoelectric cooler. Due to its small size, these coolers have been designed for small family outings and picnics with fewer guests. That said, don't expect them to refrigerate your food for more than a day.
If you do not have access to electricity or do not want to draw more on your vehicle's battery, take an absorption cooler. Operating with refrigerant gas, it presents itself as an alternative to a thermoelectric cooler. However, given its cooling capacity, its efficiency will decrease during heat waves.
Of all the coolers that exist, nothing is more efficient than a compressor cooler. Indeed, this device will be able to refrigerate a relatively large amount of food, and this, for several days. It is for this reason that campers and hikers use these coolers in 4 × 4. Just keep in mind that no cooler is perfect, hence the question of how to buy better value for money electric cooler.
Storage capacity and practicality
The storage capacity of a cooler differs depending on the model. As a rule, it is evaluated between 10 and 100 litres. To know which model you should buy, you will have to choose it according to the number of guests. If you are a large family, choose large capacity coolers.
Aside from that, check that the cooler you are about to order does include a swivel handle. Also note that a case that is equipped with transport wheels will be easier to move, especially when the latter is filled to the brim. Regarding the closure, be aware that some models have a cover and a quick-lock handle. These devices will prevent you from spilling the contents of the cooler and accidental openings.
It is also possible that the cooler has several storage compartments, which is very practical for storing various and varied foods. If the cover is entirely foldable, it can be used as a tray. Besides the modularity, the solidity of the case is also a point not to be overlooked. The robustness of a cooler comes mainly from the quality of the materials used during its manufacture. To avoid unpleasant surprises, choose the best brand of electric coolers.
An electric cooler can be powered in two different ways, either with a household outlet or with the cigarette lighter found in our vehicles. It is common for a chiller to have both supply systems at the same time. However, the other case may also arise. Comparing the difference between AC and DC will not make much difference. In fact, everything will depend solely on your habits.
Refrigerator or cooler for the truck
frequently asked Questions
How does an electric cooler work?
As opposed to a conventional cooler, an electric model will not work without an electric source. The latter can be a 230 Volt household electrical outlet, a cigarette lighter or a car battery. The cooling system will take care of keeping drinks and food cool. In reality, there are three kinds of electric coolers, namely the so-called thermoelectric models, absorption coolers and compression coolers.
Also known as Peltier coolers, thermoelectric coolers incorporate two metal plates glued against each other, which are crossed by a direct current. While one produces heat, the other generates cold. For information, low-cost coolers work this way. Note that the efficiency of these devices and, more specifically, its cooling capacity will vary depending on the intensity of the current. However, the plate will generate enough heat to heat the food in no time.
Thanks to ammonia, the cooling capacity of absorption coolers is higher than that of a thermoelectric cooler. Also, they will be able to produce ice cubes, and this, with reasonable electricity consumption. Reliable, these coolers are not equipped with a motor. In summary, the ammonia, hydrogen and water circulating in the piping will be treated by heating.
Similar to a mini-fridge, a compression cooler uses gas as the heat transfer fluid and incorporates compressors. These elements guarantee the circulation of gas and the proper functioning of the cooler. Now that you have all the cards in hand to know which electric cooler to choose, why deprive yourself of it?
How long can an electric cooler be left connected?
In reality, it will all depend on the nature of the food and drink you put in your cooler. However, if you have decided to store food for a road trip, it would be better to light your cooler permanently. Otherwise, its content may decompose or even rot over time.
With regard to refrigeration and heating, you can completely switch it on. Also, this technique will allow you to maintain the autonomy of your vehicle's battery or your motorhome battery. However, make sure that shelf life does not exceed two days.
Also, remember to place it out of the sun and close the lid tightly. These tips apply to both a thermoelectric cooler and a compressor or absorption model.
Electric cooler or mini fridge - which is more practical?
In terms of practicality, the purchase of an electric cooler is much more advantageous than a mini-fridge. Indeed, the coolers benefit from a wall with high insulating capacity as well as a cooling capacity more significant than a mini-fridge.
Also, you will be able to transport them wherever you want, without any constraints. An electric cooler can also be connected to the mains or to a cigarette lighter socket, which is not always the case with a mini-fridge.
We hope that our knowledge and expertise will help you find the best electric cooler for truckers.
If you are still unsure of anything or are interested in soaking up some more information on the electric cooler subject, please do comment below. We will use our combined experience of six years of using an electric cooler to help you make the right decision. 😊
- The 5 Best Price on Counter Depth Refrigerators Of 2020 – Reviews & Buying Guide
- The 10 Best Scooter For Skatepark – Reviews & Buying Guide
- The 10 Best Coffee Makers for Hard Water of 2020 – Reviews & Buying Guide
- The 12 Best Inflatable Boats 2020 – Reviews & Buying Guide
- The 5 Best Patio Doors For Cold Weather Of 2020 – Reviews & Buying Guide