Located halfway between a laptop and a Smartphone, the tablet is attracting more and more people. Whether for entertainment, web browsing or artistic creation, this device can do just about it all. Equipped with a processor, RAM and ROM memories, this device is as powerful as a PC. Having said that, buying your first tablet won't be so easy. Screen size, graphics performance, storage space and operating system, these are the points that should not be overlooked. Offering a very good visual rendering, Apple iPad Pro is dedicated to fans of series and films. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 SM-T865N is an ultra-versatile model and it integrates four speakers.
Where to buy a new tablet. This question has been asked many times. To answer it, there is nothing simpler and more efficient than using a price comparison. This will save you time, but also money.
1. Apple iPad Pro
- A large screen : Unlike other models sold on the market, this iPad has a 12.9 \ "screen. Its size is more than enough for everyday use.
- Fast : Connection with original Apple devices such as iPods is very quick and easy.
- Multifunctional : Apart from playing audio and video files, this tablet will also allow you to edit your sheet music. Its internal memory supports a large amount of data.
- A wireless connection : Wifi remains the fastest and most efficient way to connect to the internet
- The charger : The one accompanying this tablet does not recharge the battery.
Equipped with a Dual-Core A9 X chip and a quad-core graphics processor, this tablet supports recent applications and games. Audiovisual content is displayed via a 12.9 ″ screen. The immersion it provides comes mainly from True Tone and ProMotion technology.
Remember that their operation is based on a sensor measuring the color and intensity of the ambient light. As an operating system, this Apple tablet runs under IOS 9. This explains the responsiveness of the device. Secure, the iPad Pro is equipped with Face ID while remaining compatible with the Apple Pay mobile payment service.
To connect to the Internet, this device uses GSM, CDMA, HSDPA, EVDO and LTE technologies. It is largely for this reason that the title of the best brand of tablets goes to Apple. Modern, the screen develops a maximum resolution of 2048 x 2732 pixels with a 4: 3 ratio. In terms of the capacity of the ROM memory, it is evaluated at more than 256 Gb.
2.Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 SM-T865N
- Fast : Clocked at 2.8, 2.4 and 1.7 GHz, the processor that equips this model is ultra-powerful. In addition, it has a total number of 8 cores, which is not nothing especially for a tablet.
- Compact : Given the size of its screen, this model will accompany you on your travels without cluttering your bag. In addition, it is a real featherweight.
- No bloatware : To ensure the speed of task execution, Samsung preferred to avoid cumbersome software.
- Stable : Android 9 is a relatively stable operating system.
- No 3.5 mm jack : Instead of a 3.5 mm jack, Samsung has opted for a USB-C connection.
With its super AMOLED capacitive screen, the Galaxy Tab S6 from Samsung can display up to over 16 million colors. Note that this model develops a maximum resolution of 1600 x 2560 pixels. In addition, the 10.5 ″ screen has no edges.
In all, this model incorporates four AKG speakers. They offer total immersion. As a result, you will be able to fully enjoy your series and films. For these reasons alone, this model presents itself as the best tablet of the moment. Regarding the capacity of the RAM memory, it is measured at 8 GB. To store your audio and video files, Samsung has implemented a ROM of 256 GB.
Using a card, this memory can be extended to more than 1 TB. By using the "calls & messages" function, this Samsung tablet automatically synchronizes with your smartphone. The resolution of the rear and front camera is 13 and 5 MP respectively.
3. Microsoft Surface Go 8GB RAM
- Solid : Made entirely of metal, the case will withstand all shocks. The latter will protect components such as the motherboard, the processor as well as the RAM.
- Stable : The stand that comes with the tablet is adjustable and will not slip, no matter what surface it is placed on.
- Efficient : Given the capacity of its RAM memory and the storage space offered by the SSD, Microsoft Surface Go supports recent applications and games.
- Windows Hello Facial : Based on infrared, facial recognition will work even in complete darkness.
- A USB-C port : When you charge the battery, it is not possible to connect other devices via USB cable.
With a high-resolution PixelSense screen, this Microsoft tablet offers perfect brightness. In addition, its touch remains very pleasant. Its resolution is in the order of 1800 x 1200 with 217 dpi and a 3: 2 aspect ratio. Well designed, the Surface Go benefits from Corning Gorilla Glass 3 technology which results in the presence of a 10-point touch function.
Remember that this is a 10 ″ screen. Being the most powerful model in its segment, this device works thanks to an Intel Pentium Gold processor and has an 8 GB RAM memory as well as a 128 GB SSD. As for the graphics card, Microsoft has opted for it. 'Intel® HD Graphics 615.
Modern, a camera developing a resolution of 5 Mpx and Windows Hello facial recognition is located on the front. Boasting autofocus and recording videos in 1080p, the rear lens incorporates an 8MP sensor.
4.Apple iPad Wi-Fi 32GB
- pointsGood autonomy : On this model, the battery life is much longer, despite intensive use.
- A large screen : The large Retina display offers total immersion. It has also been designated to display all of the keys on the Smart Keyboard.
- Very good goals : Whether it is the front or rear camera, these devices capture sharp images with excellent visual rendering.
- Great connectivity : Thanks to Wifi, the transfer of applications from one iPad to another becomes possible. To do this, simply create an iCloud account.
- A non-expandable memory : As with all devices produced by Apple, the internal memory of this iPad will not be expandable.
For some, just buying a tablet is an obstacle course. Equipped with an A10 chip with a 64-bit architecture, the 7th generation iPad is much more successful than the old one. The performance of this processor explains its ability to run games of the moment with great fluidity.
Its 10.2 ″ capacitive screen displays high definition images with a maximum resolution of 2160 x 1620 pixels. On top of that, it is wide enough to support the Smart Keyboard. Integrating a 32 GB SSD hard drive, this iPad can store video files, audio as well as documents.
Thanks to the pencil application, the user will be able to draw, but also take notes. To make Facetime calls, Apple has thought of a 2MP front camera. The lens on the back of this device displays up to 8 MPX. Autonomy level, the battery lasts more than 10 hours.
5.Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 32 GB WiFi
- Dolby Atmos sound : Compatible with Dolby Atmos technology, the Galaxy Tab A offers rich and balanced sound. The image quality is not left out since it supports videos in 4K at 30fps.
- No lag time : Running in a stable and fluid manner, this model will run the applications of the moment without the slightest bug.
- Expandable memory : By installing a micro SD card, you can increase the storage memory capacity up to more than 512GB.
- Does not support games : This tablet is not for gamers.
Running Android 9 Pie, the Galaxy Tab A has everything of a modern tablet. Its 10.1 ″ screen will give you total immersion. The Bezel glasses will facilitate internet browsing and streaming videos. With Dolby Atmos technology and surround sound, you'll be right in the action. Solidly designed, the shell of this Samsung Tab A tablet is made of metal.
Configuration level, this model incorporates a Lassen O + Exynos 7904A processor composed of a Dual Core 1.8 GHz and a Hexa Core 1.6 GHz. By starting a video recording, you will get images in FHD, that is to say a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels and 30fps.
In all, the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 has a 5 and 8 MP camera. The first is located on the front and the other on the back of the device. The latter incorporates an auto focus. With a battery life of 10 hours and even up to 13 hours, the 6,150mAh Li-Ion battery is a great power source.
Buying Guide - How To Pick a Good Tablet?
How to buy a tablet with better value for money? If you don't know a reliable reseller or merchant site, the task will be more difficult. Hence the interest in considering the following selection criteria.
The choice of the screen and more precisely its size is essential since the purchase of a large model will cost you dearly. However, it is still very practical for watching movies and series or even for reading documents. If you are still wondering which tablet to choose, know that the screen size can range from 6 to 18.4 ”. However, most models feature a 7-11 ”slab.
The advantage of small tablets is above all portability. Indeed, they will fit in almost any bag. In addition, these devices will be suitable for users who will be on the go often. However, note that the configuration of these machines is still basic. The performance of the processor, the capacity of the RAM and internal memory are not exceptional. The use is limited to web browsing and playing audio or video files.
Models with a 7 to 10.9 ″ screen are mid-range products. They can be found in Canada, but also all over the world. Like small screens, a 10-inch tablet will easily find its place. In addition to that, it has a relatively large storage space. These tablets are intended for occasional users, but also for professionals.
Above 10 ″, we will be in the presence of a so-called 2 in 1 tablet. Equipped with a mouse, a keyboard and a stylus, it is particularly appreciated by students and professional designers. Usually, this variant incorporates a more powerful processor and an SSD.
The operating system
The operation of a tablet will depend mainly on its operating system. You will have the choice between IOS for original Apple devices, Android and Windows for Microsoft machines. So how do you pick the best tablets of 2020?
The iPad interface is renowned for its fluidity and handling. The Apple ecosystem promotes connection with the brand's other devices such as iPhone and Macbook. Safe, malware that can infect your devices is almost non-existent. It is for this reason that iPads are used in the field of education and health. On the other hand, the customization remains quite limited.
If you are an app developer or an average user, we recommend Android tablets. Indeed, this system is open to all brands and manufacturers. Such flexibility offers advantages, but also disadvantages, especially in terms of security. An inexpensive or even free application generally contains one or more advertising pop-ups. It may also have bugs. As a buying guide for the best tablets, our duty is to educate you on any issues and difficulties you may encounter.
Last, but not least, we find the tablets produced by Microsoft. Being a leader in the operating system field, machines running Windows were greeted with open arms. As with desktop and laptop computers, the most popular programs are also available on tablets. As a tip, we recommend that you compare two or three different models. Based on this principle, you will now know which is the best tablet on the market.
Some tablets have expandable memory while others do not. This is particularly the case with iPads. In addition, the capacity of the storage space can handicap you depending on your use.
Less expensive than a high-end tablet, a device with a 16 to 32 GB ROM is often a refurbished model. By way of comparison, it is at the same level as the latest generation smartphones. To store not too resource-intensive games, documents and some multimedia files, this space may be sufficient.
Between 64 and 256 GB, the user will have some leeway to save his favorite movies and series. High-end and 2-in-1 tablets come with a ROM from 512 GB to 1 TB. They will perform fairly heavy tasks and programs without any difficulty.
frequently asked Questions
Q1: How to reset a Samsung tablet?
Before resetting your touch pad, be aware that this will delete all of your data. We therefore recommend that you save them in an external hard drive, USB key or other medium. The easiest way is to activate the factory mode which equips your Samsung tablet.
Turn off the device then press the volume button (+) and Power button. Keep pressing until the screen turns on automatically. Using the two command buttons mentioned above, select the “Wipe data / factory reset” function. Validate your choice then wait until the reset is complete. A window will prompt you to restart the device. These operations also apply to a tablet with a keyboard.
Q2: How do I clear the memory of my Samsung tablet?
Press the "application" key on your electronic tablet then go to the internet. Access the main menu and settings. In the advanced settings tab, you will find an option called “confidant”. Select "delete personal data" then "Cookies and data sites". Confirm with the OK button.
Q3: Why is my tablet slow?
Your device may be infected with one or more malware. These unwanted programs slow down the operation of your tablet, causing a delay between selecting and performing a task. The demand on the RAM through the various applications can also be the cause. The larger the RAM capacity, the lower the risk of slowdown. Before ordering a model, go to a tablet comparison.
Q4: How do I transfer an app from one tablet to another?
If the application in question is present on the Play store, it suffices to download it on the new tablet using the same account. In the case of games, this manipulation will prevent you from losing your progressions and xp. If you have a cheap tablet, know that the procedure to follow is strictly the same.
Q5: Why is my Samsung tablet ringing?
Your tablet may be infected with a ghost. This unwanted program causes the ringtones to ring randomly. To remove it, you will need to download antivirus software and then run a full scan of the device. This issue can affect all models, including the Asus Zenpad 10.
Q6: How to print with a tablet?
Connect your device to a printer using Bluetooth or Wifi. Once done, go to the Play store and then download the application for the machine in question. In order for the printer to be recognized by the tablet, activate the module. By clicking on the three dots located at the top right of the document, you will find a “print” tab.
Press this button and select the desired printer name. As its sound suggests, Google Cloud Print is a dedicated application for printing documents. Once its installation is complete, select the file you want to print and then go to share. Press the name or reference of the printer and you're done.